Premium Edition That Embodies “VAIO® Craftsmanship”
VAIO® Z | KACHI-IRO SPECIAL EDITIONLimited Stock
Beauty and appearance befitting a flagship model
VAIO® Z's 3-D molded, full-carbon body is the result of the combined efforts of VAIO® and its partner manufacturers in Japan, bringing their technologies and expertise to bear.
The body has been dyed in lustrous "Kachi-iro" color. The color and textures embody the aesthetic sense of Japanese, and this is a rare product that embodies VAIO® craftsmanship at limited supply.
VAIO's corporate color is deep and dark indigo. In ancient Japan, this color was called "Kachiiro". It symbolizes fortune, luck and victory.
Legend holds that their favored the hue because it led to “kachi”, or “victory”, so they referred to the hue of their indigo-dyed wear as “Kachi-iro”, “the color of victory”.
Full Carbon body in "Kachi-iro" color that creates an expression as it catches the light
The world's first* 3D molded full carbon body embodies the identity of the VAIO® Z. With the VAIO® Z | KACHI-IRO SPECIAL EDITION, we used a specially formulated Kachi-iro transparent paint that takes advantage of the unique fiber grain of UD carbon. Enjoy the deep expression of this material and the way it changes when it catches the light behind the glossy luster, which is reminiscent of lacquerware.
* Uses 3-D molded carbon continuous fiber material on all surfaces that make up the notebook PC chassis. As of January 6, 2021. Investigation by Stella Associa
* The chassis of the VAIO® Z is made of sheets of carbon fiber that are stacked and processed in 3-D. The gaps and overlaps in the fibers may appear as scratches due to the characteristics of the material and processing, but there are no issues with product performance. Please note that we cannot accept returns or exchanges due to gaps or overlaps in the fibers, patterns, or colors.
UD carbon improves robustness by combining layers of fibers arranged in a single direction, but at different angles. It has a different texture from cross carbon (shown in photo on left), where fibers are woven alternately, and can exhibit high rigidity against twisting and other forces in the required direction.
In the KACHI-IRO SPECIAL EDITION, a glossy UV coating is applied on top of the paint to give it a luxurious glossy look and a scratch-resistant finish.
* The photo shows the VAIO® SX14 | KACHI-IRO SPECIAL EDITION that was released in 2019.
Elegant shine emphasizing the Kachi-iro color
Since ancient times, the Kachi-iro color have been used to bring good luck when decorating clothes and other items. VAIO® Z is a tool for the modern businessperson, and in honor of this, the body of VAIO® Z KACHI-IRO SPECIAL EDITION has been dyed in the Kachi-iro color, with a golden logo plate and ornament. The elegant and graceful sparkle of this product further emphasizes the beauty of the deep indigo color.
High performance only found in the VAIO® Z | KACHI-IRO SPECIAL EDITION
Equipped with desktop-grade high-performance processor
Taking full advantage of the VAIO® TruePerformance, VAIO's proprietary technology, this is a mobile laptop PC weighed less than 1 kg and equipped with a desktop-grade high-performance processor, Intel® Core i7-11390H. Compliant with Intel's premium laptop PC standard, the Intel® Evo™ Platform, this ensures an exceptional user experience.
Leverages on the power of AI to make microphone audio clear and crisp
It is equipped with an AI noise canceling function that removes only the environmental noise, which interferes with online communication. It delivers crystal clear, audible voice to other parties, and allowing you to hear the voice of the other parties clearly.
1. Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
2. Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 11 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com.
3. ^Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.
4. Battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage.
5. In the event of a water spillage, users should wipe away the water, before bringing the laptop to a VAIO service center for inspection or repair.
The anti-spill feature is only available on the keyboard and is not applicable on water damage to other parts of the laptop.
*Japanese keyboard version product shots for demonstration only.
Intel, the Intel logo, the Intel Inside logo and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
The use of the "VAIO" trademark is by the permission of and subject to license with VAIO Corporation.